The girls had an incredible day and we’re really grateful ... We would certainly intend on returning to Dinton Pastures in the future. School group March 2018
Read our guide to choosing activities to fit your session aims.
Dinton Activity Centre offers a variety of adventurous and environmental activities for learning outside the classroom, taster sessions, inductions, team bonding and progressive sport sessions. Following the High Quality Outdoor Education guide, we aim to achieve the following for participants:
- Enjoy participating in outdoor activities and adopt a positive attitude to challenge and adventure.
- Gain personal confidence and self-esteem through taking on challenges and achieving success.
- Develop self-awareness and social skills, and appreciation of the contributions and achievements of themselves and of others.
- Become alive to the natural environment and understand the importance of conservation and sustainable development.
- Acquire and developing a range of skills in outdoor activities, expeditions and exploration.
- Demonstrate increased initiative, self-reliance, responsibility, perseverance and commitment. Personal qualities.
- Develop and extend key skills of communication, problem solving, leadership and teamwork.
- Learn to appreciate the benefits of physical fitness and the lifelong value of participation in healthy leisure activities.
- Dispaly an increased motivation and appetite for learning that is contributing to raise levels of attainment in other aspects of their education.
- Broaden horizons and becoming open to a wider range of employment opportunities and life chances.
All of our school and youth group sessions that involve sailing fall under the Royal Yachting Associations OnBoard Scheme. The RYA OnBoard programme offers young people the opportunity to try out sailing through their local club or centre in a safe, structured and fun environment. The programme compliments the national curriculum and provides a variety of valuable life skills that help to build confidence and shape personal development. Read more about to learn how your school or youth group can benefit from the RYA OnBoard programme.
Dinton Activity Centre is a fully affiliated training centre with the Adventurous Activities Licensing Authority, Royal Yachting Association, British Canoeing and Ofsted. We only use qualified and experienced instructors. Risk Benefit Analyses are available on request.